Sunday, October 25, 2015

Ah, life.

Once in a while you experience a moment that resets the clock. That is to say, I think we all have a life clock, made up of those stark, clear memories which truly define our character; our identity and our very being. There's no telling when these moments are going to happen. They just do. We are the sum of those memories. Last night I experienced one of those moments…

In an attempt to burn all of the wood harvested from the dead branches of our oak tree, I’ve been enjoying a series of relaxing evening fires in the backyard. At last night’s fire, joined by my lovely wife, and conversing about the day and the future, I experienced that now familiar, very intimate feeling that, this moment will supplant its predecessor as one of the top ten moments of my life. Life just keeps getting sweeter!


Wish you all the same.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails